If you take a look in the technology industry, you will notice that there plenty of things are happening. Exactly this aspect makes things overwhelming for you. If you prefer to focus on your business, and to take advantage of the latest technology and move your work forward, then you will find confusing to understand how the latest tools work. You may have heard terms as workflow automation, BPM, or other similar ones, but you may have no idea what they mean. Well, these topics can be difficult to understand for many people, and if you want to find more details about BPM, then you should do some research. In this way, you will know how to take advantage of the tools available on the market. If you use them properly, they will grow your business and will improve the operational efficiency of your team. Therefore, you will have no issues to meet your purpose.
What is business process management?
Business process management or BPM is a term defined in various ways by experts. Therefore, it is difficult to find a clear definition of the concept. But, the majority of experts consider that BPM is a practice of enhancing and implementing businesspersons have the possibility use to improve the effectiveness, efficacy and enforcement of their company. If you are interested in finding more about the concept, here you will find more info.
In this case, you may want to know more about the business process concept
- The business process is the set of actions done in order to meet a company’s specific purpose. In addition, the term can be characterized as a succession of different activities that can create products or services for clients. An example of this process is when an command is placed, approved and sent to a company. The company provides the items and then sends an itemized bill. The itemized bill is sent to the financial department, and after a succession of approvals the order is paid.
! You should not think that workflow and business process are the same thing, because workflow implies taking a action from the beginning to the end. Business process management is like an umbrella, the workflow is only one of its parts.
Project management and BPM are not one and the same thing
Usually people mistake project management or task management with BPM. But you should know from the beginning that BPM is part of a project. Project management is the term people use when they refer to the process of planning and a process entirely.
When it comes to task management, the term is used to refer to the processes of administering, organizing and supervising the performance, conduct and execution of an activity, part of a project. In the majority of cases, the projects and tasks are non-repetitive, they happen only one time. BPM focuses more on the ongoing process that is designed according to a set pattern. For task and project management you can find simple systems online, but for BPM, you can use the software provided by a company as bpm’online.
Why should companies use BPM?
Companies decide to implement business process management from different reasons:
- Reduced fraud – BPM improves the design, supervision and execution of multiple conspicuous processes. In this way, the risk of fraud is reduced.
- Happier employees – Your employees will be happier, because the software will simplify the processes, automate the tasks and will offer them easier access to information. Therefore, they will be able to save time, and not do the tasks they dread.
- Improved visibility – If you use a BPM software as the one offered by Nimble you would be able to control and monitor the processes from your company. In this way, you will benefit from improved visibility and you will be able to identify and remove in time the bottlenecks.
- Improved bottom line – Business process management makes possible for your employees to focus on the productive activities from your company. This will have as a result an improved bottom line, reduced waste and high revenues.
- Save money – your company will be able to save on the expenses of actions because the process will be streamlined.
- Improved agility – BPM empowers your business to play favorably on the present competitive market. This means that you will have no issues to make progress, adapt to changes and remain competitive on the market.
- Increased productivity and efficiency – a BPM software will facilitate the automation of the workflow from your company. This means that the productivity will be increased, because the redundant steps will be eliminated and the bottlenecks will be removed.
Business process management is a complex subject, so if you want to purchase a BPM software you should make sure to have a clear understanding on the way it functions.