If you own and run a business of any size, marketing has changed drastically in the last few decades. When the web first became a popular medium of communication and information transmission, businesses used banner ads to get the word out about their brand. But in recent years, with the rise of powerful social media giants like Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter and a host of others, business marketing has been revolutionised.
The Power of Social Media Channels for Branding and Marketing
The new face of social media is a powerful ally for businesses when it comes to branding and marketing for the following reasons:
- Cost effective: First and foremost, being a part of any of the social media platforms and posting content is about as cost effective as it gets. While there is a lot of noise to cut through to get your message across, it still remains a powerful tool in experienced hands if a consistent social media marketing strategy is maintained and executed.
- Exposure: A platform like Twitter has hundreds of thousands of tweets per hour. The vast size of the user base alone means that businesses can deliver their branding message to a great many potential new markets.
- Engagement: The one important thing that social media has given businesses is the opportunity to engage directly with fans and customers. The old barriers to communication have crumbled and it is now entirely possible to hear the voices of customers unfiltered and in real time. This provides savvy businesses with the opportunity to adapt to trends and customer demands in a more effective way without having to hire huge marketing teams dedicated to group testing.
- Closer Relationships: By driving real time engagement through a clever and tactical marketing strategy with an experienced social media agency, businesses can have the opportunity to expose parts of their business operations to audiences like never before. For example, many small businesses post photos and videos of their daily in-house operations. This also drives excitement about new products about to come to market and develops a rapport with customers, who then become more closely engaged with the brand and identify with it on a more personal and deeper level.
Hire a Team of Experienced Social Media Strategists
There are a number of experienced and professional companies who offer social media marketing services. They understand that the key to branding and marketing success through modern social media channels involves careful planning and well-tuned execution. It is no longer enough to rely on one single media platform for all marketing opportunities; which is why a team of experienced social media strategists can add so much value to the businesses that hire them.
A professional social media team offers the following benefits:
- An understanding of how each social media platform works and how messages can be delivered on each one effectively for your target audience.
- A carefully devised plan that includes daily posting across a multitude of social media channels to drive engagement.
- A knowledge of how to drive user engagement and develop a rapport with potential new customers.
There is no doubt that social media is a powerful tool in business branding and marketing, so why leave it to anyone other than experts?